RGS Atalanta Cars - A 1950's Racing Legend

Atalanta Cars

Categories

General
powered by

My Blog

Atalanta Cars

Please add your comments to the "RGS blog", any interesting RGS Atalanta or pre war Atalanta related stories? - we'd love to hear them

6 Comments to Atalanta Cars:

Comments RSS
Alan Shattock on 22 April 2014 11:42
There has been quite a lot of feedback about Atalantas and JAG's direct to my own email address and by phone. For example, the photograph in "Where are they now?" of NPC 3 is confirmed to be a JAG and was probably the first made at Brookside Garage by John Alan Griffiths, Dick Shattock's right hand man. Previous JAG's were made elsewhere by John before he came to work for Dick, but subsequent ones, made at Brookside,had many chassis similarities with RGS Atalantas. Most importantly, there is a hint of an archive of photos taken at Brookside! More, when we get it!
Reply to comment

Alan Shattock on 14 August 2014 19:59
Please all have a look at the new photos of a restored RGS Atalanta now in the USA, reg UKL 852 - The owner is urgently seeking information about this car BEFORE it was exported from the UK in 1978 as it is claimed that the UK recors for this car were all lost in a fire! Thanks, Alan Shattock.
Reply to comment

Anthony M. Pudlo-Debef on 17 September 2014 10:17
My father owned a 12 cylinder, Aluminium body, wired wheels, rear boot seat R.G.S Atalanta, in 1958. I have some very old 'Lubrication and Maintenance records and several letters from R.G. Shattock to my father and a Vice-Air Marshal. Can I have more information on the Atalanta in the U.S.A. please.

Chris McWhirter on 22 September 2014 16:04
C/O Anthony M. Pudlo-Debef Saw your comment on my RGS Atalanta. You can reach me at tyson1956@aol.com Thanks, Chris
Reply to comment

Brad Purvis on 08 October 2014 20:02
You may wish to reference Duncan Hamilton's autobiography, Touch Wood. There are quite a few references to his R.G.S. Alalanta-Jaguar and the races in which he piloted the same.
Reply to comment

Alan Shattock on 08 January 2015 16:00
I have added a new Section to the website where we can post news and new findings, photos, etc., about RGS Atalanta cars, so do please have a look and get back to us with any comments or info. Thanks to all. Alan Shattock.
Reply to comment